Wednesday, 26 January 2011

The Simple Actor's Guide to Pronouncing Chekhov's Names

As I mentioned in my previous blog 'Web 2.0 tools....Some Initial Thoughts', I have some reservations about the use of Web 2.0 tools in the acting industry. However, an experience today has caused me to think much more broadly about the ways in which they can be used....

I had an audition today for a Chekhov play, and was unsure of one of the Russian pronunciations. So, I set about doing a google search quest and in just a couple of minutes I had found my my answer on a theatre blog site. It turns out I actually stumbled across a really thought provoking and interesting blog post.

The Simple Actor's Guide to Pronouncing Chekhov's Names

I realised there must be many similar occasions like this that I simply overlook or forget about, so I have decided it might be an interesting exercise to take a note of every single Web 2.0 site I visit for the next week. I wonder if I will be surprised by how much I already use them without really even being aware? I will post the results here in a week.

By the way I got the job! So I am now lucky enough to have a job at The National Theatre to look forward to in March, good news.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, My name is Sonal Natasha Patel... Just wondering.. Im struggling with this Blog business and I haven't been to any sessions as I am busy...Just wondering can you tell me how to but my blog on the WBL libguides??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonal - nice to hear from you If you e-mail the link for your blog to Paula Nottingham the course leader, she will do add it on to the libguides for you. Look forward to following your blog and hopefully helping each other out!

    ReplyDelete