Friday, 21 January 2011

Me and my Girl!

I traveled up to Sheffield yesterday to watch my friend Jemima playing Sally in 'Me and My Girl' at The Crucible Theatre. It was a fantastic show and I thought it might be of particular interest to the musical theatre performers on the course. Coming from a 'straight' acting background myself, I have such huge respect for the cast, who were exceptionally talented dancers, singers and actors. There wasn't a weak link in the cast and Daniel Crossley is stunning in the lead role. It was a real feel good evening and I left the auditorium smiling from ear to ear. 

Sadly it is only on for one more week, but if you are able to make it to Sheffield it is well worth the trip. I think the Sheffield Theatres are going to thrive under the directorship of Daniel Evans, who took over as artistic director after the recent major refurbishment. He has already shown that he is not afraid to make bold programming choices, including the upcoming season of David Hare plays which promises to be fantastic.    

Follow the links below to view the Sheffield Theatres website or check out a review of 'Me and my Girl' by Lyn Gardener for The Guardian:

http://www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2010/dec/21/me-and-my-girl-review

If anyone else has seen this show or any other good productions recently, I'd love to hear your thoughts....

1 comment:

  1. I won't be able to make the show in Sheffield I'm afraid but I would highly recommend Salad Days in the Riverside Studios in Hammersmith. All three aspects of Musical Theater presented brilliantly. It finishes on 6th Feb

    ReplyDelete