Thursday, 17 March 2011

Wikis


I think I have now understood the use of the Wiki - it's basically an online place for us to store documents (writing, photo etc.) that can be accessed, edited and saved from any computer in the world. Other members of the Wiki can also go in and edit, making Wikis very useful tools for any group of people who are working together, or even as a tool for planning social events.

I wasn't sure exactly how we were meant to be using the Wikis within this module, but I have found that it's a great place to group together and store blog posts that run along the same theme - it should make it easier when we come to the end f the module to pull stuff how for my final written piece and see how my thoughts progressed. It can also be a space to store thoughts, collecting information and research together before writing a blog piece.

If you haven't already, check out Nicole's post about Wikis. She includes a great you tube video that explains really clearly how to get going with Wikis.

2 comments:

  1. Yeyyy!!! Now I know too how to use WIKI. I did follow your link to Nicole's blog and found it very useful...I really didn't know how to use it and I knew it would have been useful for our next modules. Thanks Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Laury - I can't believe I hadn't come across Wiki's before (other than Wikipedia!). A much better way for groups of people to share ideas than e-mails constantly going back and forth.

    ReplyDelete