CODE OF PRACTICE
- Visitors must report to security to sign in
- Staff must be able to present their ID cards at all times
- Staff should arrive punctually
- No eating or drinking on stage
- Leave rehearsal spaces/dressing rooms in a fit state for others
- No alcohol whilst you are working
- Alcohol must only be consumed in the bar area
- No substance misuse at any time
- Smoking is only permitted on the outside balcony
- No costumes to be worn in the canteen or green room
- No eating or smoking in costume
- Staff must adhere to the buildings equality policies
- Staff should be aware and respectful of when others are holding
meetings, auditions, rehearsals etc.
- Actors must sign in for performances and are not permitted
to leave the building after the half hour call.
- Sickness must be reported as early as possible to your stage manager.
- Actors must be in the UK 24 at least 24 hours prior to a performance
I discovered that broadly speaking, my ideas were along the right lines. All the 'rules' I laid out were indeed true, and pretty standard for a theatre. There were a few things I missed out, such as 'no pets backstage' or 'no visitors backstage after the half', but nothing revelatory.
I realised that other than the obvious health and safety issues, the rules that are in place are there to ensure the work in the building can be done as efficiently as possible, without conflict or distraction. I generally find in the creative industries that people are quite liberal and tolerant of others, so I would hope that basic ethics do not need to be forced upon people.
During my inquiry though, I accept and appreciate that I have a responsibility to my academic institution, and of course all those taking part, to protect them and ensure ethical issues have been planned for and addressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment